Things To Consider After An Accident
If you've been involved in an accident, here are steps you should keep in mind:
- Get immediate help if anyone is hurt.
- Move your vehicle out of traffic if possible. Pull off the road and put on your emergency flashers to alert oncoming cars. Turn off the ignition to guard against fire.
- Get the other driver's name, address, phone number, make of the vehicle and license number.
- Get the name of the other driver's insurance company and their policy number.
- If possible, get witnesses' names, phone numbers and addresses.
- Examine the damage done to your car, as well as other vehicles involved.
- Notify local and/or state authorities as prescribed by law.
- To report a claim, call (808) 544-3999 or toll-free at 1-800-413-1711.